Sunday Loves: Face Masks | Beauty

09:37

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I love me a good face mask. There's something so calming about applying one after a long day out and about. As it's a Sunday, the International Day of Relaxation/Rejuvenation, what better topic then that of skincare and face masks. Swoon
For a while, I wasn't very consistent about applying them and I truly wondered just how useful/beneficial they were. Fortunately, I was quickly converted once I starting applying them on a regular basis and invested in getting the Right Ones. Finding the right masks for your skin can get a little overwhelming but fear not, I'm here to let you know about my top 5 favourites. 
Firstly, I should point out that I've got combination/oily skin, that's quite acne prone and I deal with redness. So, after saying that, these products are going to focus on those issues. That means if you've got super dry skin with issues or blackheads and irritation, I can't guarantee they'll work the same.
The Body Shop are a great first stop if you're new to the whole face mask world. They've got a great selection for varying skin types and the prices are super reasonable. My favourites from them are the Tea Tree Skin Skin Clearing Clay Mask and Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask. Tea Tree is fantastic for when my skin is really breaking out. I find it calms it down and while it doesn't clear right away, it soothes the irritated areas. I notice my blemishes don't seem so inflamed and it does prevent further breakouts. 
I love using the Drops of Youth mask when it gets really cold in the city and my skin is looking dull and tired. I apply this one overnight and I automatically see a difference the following morning. I tend to use this one a little less regularly, but when it get really cold I'll whack it on every few days.
I try to exfoliate once a week. However, dealing with redness and sensitive skin, I'm always a little apprehensive when it comes to exfoliating scrubs. That is until I found this one from L'Oreal. The L'Oreal Skin Experts Treatment Mask Exfoliate and Refine Pores (that's a mouthful) is great because it isn't too harsh and I don't notice it irritating my skin. I apply this with a brush and focus on my T-zone area, that way I can control how much goes on my skin and can avoid all sensitive areas (i.e under eye).
This Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask is probably my most used. It's a clay mask that targets irritation but also doesn't dry out my skin. As well, because you only need to leave it on for 10 minutes, it's such an easy thing to add to your evening routine. I like to use this during that special time of the month ;) when my skin and I just aren't cooperating. This really is my trusted sidekick that I can always reach for and know exactly how it'll work on me. 
I would say that my newest edition is this Boscia Luminizing Black Mask. I like to use this to target the excess oil (that's a gorgeous picture isn't it?) because it just clears up any dullness. The only thing I'll mention about this is you need to be precise with this mask because it is a peel-off so getting any product stuck in your eyebrows... not all that fun.
I really do believe that adding a face mask to my routine is part of how I've got my skin to stabilize a little bit. Coming from a background that was always about hiding my face with layers of makeup, masks have been able to sooth my skin and in a way, helped me turn towards lighter foundations and even a few tinted moisturizers. xx
- Emilia

You Might Also Like

0 comments