My Ultimate Nude Lipsticks | Beauty

07:35

Oh yes, I am fully committed to those nudes. 
I used to stay away from them with a 10 foot pole. They were all too light and beige for me and I would end up looking sick, or just plain weird... like I was trying to hard. And yet, when they started getting really popular, I really wanted to fit in with the rest of the beauty community... social pressures amirite
So this time last year, I started experimenting with different shades and realized that there was more to the trend then just a washed out, pale lip. I found my niche in the brown-mauve colours that were classic nudes but darker. That's when I realized not only could I finally join the trend, but I also found a new shade of lipstick that could join my ever growing collection. Not only are there some mauvy-pinks, berry shades but now I welcome nudes with open arms. 
Today, I thought I'd showcase my top 5 shades that I wear on an everyday basis. I've also tried to get different types of formulations so that I cover all the bases. In my stash, I have a mix of mattes, liquid lipsticks, sheers and creams. Hopefully these help you discover a new formula/shade or give you the confidence to try something completely different and experiment with your lipstick colours. 
 L-R: Estée Lauder // Burberry // M.A.C // NYX // Kat Von D |


Estée Lauder Pure Envy Sculpting Lipstick in "Irrisistible": I've spoken about this shade before but I'll mention it again simply because it's one of my most worn lipsticks. This nude is on the more pinky side but still has quite a few brown tones in the mix. I also love the finish, the colour is strong but it's not a matte so it's not drying. The formulation is comfortable on the lips and I can reapply without worrying about needing a mirror. A definite win right here. 
Burberry Kisses Sheer in "221- Light Brown": I ordered this at the beginning of the year and wasn't sure if it was going to suit me. But on the contrary, I reach for it all the time. Again one of those shades that I can just throw on without a mirror and I know I'm good to go. It's a lighter brown then I'm use to but because of the sheer quality it gives a beautiful sheen. The formula of the Burberry lipsticks is one of the best, simply because of how comfortable they are and they don't dry out patchy throughout the day. This range also has a beautiful range of colours and it's definitely tempting to pick up a few more shades
M.A.C Matte Lipstick in "Velvet Teddy": My ride or die lipstick, I don't know what I did without this colour in my collection. *I swear I'm not always this dramatic ;) This is a perfect blend of pink and nude but with also has some beige undertones. During these winter months, when I feel like my skin is a little too dull and pale for a true nude, I love reaching for this because it brings a natural makeup look to life. While it is a matte finish, it wears really well throughout the day and my lips don't feel uncomfortable or damaged at the end of a long day. One little note is that I would recommend exfoliating your lips every few days.  
NYX Soft Matte Cream in "04-London": Out of all the NYX liquid lipstick formulations, these are by far my favourite. They aren't super drying, nor do they seep into the lines of your lips. I also love that the creams have a matte finish but the pigment isn't very intense so the colour sits quite naturally on the lips. The shade "London" won out but "Stockholm" came in a close second. The colour is slightly darker which means I can grab it much more frequently throughout the seasons, while "Stockholm" has some orange/coral tones in it- perfect for warmer, sunnier days. 
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in "Bow N Arrow": Out of all my liquid lipsticks, this is my most used. Throughout the summer, I worn this religiously and while I don't grab for it everyday at the moment, it's still my favourite liquid formulation. Yes, the finish it matte, so it is drying but out of all the ones I've tried, Kat Von D are my favourite. I think this colour is great for nights out because it gives such a bold statement. A true nude colour, it's the perfect shade of brown for lighter skin tones.
There you have it, my winning nude lipsticks. Let me know which are your favourites and how many times you had to remind yourself that we were talking about makeup products and not inappropriate pictures ;) *None? Just me? Ok I'll get my mind out of the gutter* xx
-Emilia

You Might Also Like

0 comments