Spring Wardrobe Wishlist | Style

10:02

Living in Montreal, I sometimes forget that spring is one of our four seasons. While it may be one of the shorter ones, it does become an exciting time again to change up my wardrobe and inspire my upcoming summer favourites. Spring allows us to pull out our dresses and pair them with our favourite winter staples that we don't want to/ can't put away just yet
I think it's also an exciting time because it allows us to go out and shop and enjoy being outside without a thousand layers to keep us warm. Now as I'm writing this down, I'm also doing a little bit of online shopping.... so.. so much for being outdoors. BUT I love doing some research online and then, on a day off, go out and see what's in the shops.

Now, having rambled on long enough, I thought I'd create a wishlist of all my favourite spring items that would be great additions as both trend pieces and key basics.  
| Clockwise - House of Harlow Bell Sleeve Top // Aritzia Cut Out Shirt
Aritzia Lilac Dress // Aritzia Trench Coat |
Off the shoulder pieces are not leaving us anytime soon and I'm absolutely loving this pink trend at the moment. I'm all for adding a feminine piece to an otherwise very relaxed or androgynous look, I think it adds that much more dimension to your outfit. 
| Clockwise - Glamorous Jean Jacket // FCUK Black Sweater
Glamorous Embroidered Bomber // Topshop Embroidered Jeans |
Sticking along with this relaxed, feminine vibe I'm so inspired by, embroidered items are making a huge comeback. I remember it being so cool as a kid in the 90's and I'm all for emulating those "cool kids" vibes. While it may not be on the elegant side of things, I do think there's a beauty in wearing oversized pieces but still keeping in feminine. And finally with the mom jean coming back from last summer, I think it's a great way to wear a loose fitted jean that gives just a slightly more flattering silhouette then a boyfriend style would.
| Clockwise- Vans Sneakers // Illesteva Sunglasses //
Zara Backpack // Public Desire Heels |
When it comes to accessories, I'm a sucker for a pretty backpack. I know it's not the sexist and there are thousands of gorgeous handbags out there (and trust me, I lust for them all) but summer to me is all about effortless and "spur of the moment" style. I think backpacks pair so well with that and if you can find one out there (like this Zara one) that's both practical and cute, why not have some fun and let your arms be free. In the winter, you'll most likely see me in a heeled boot, but in the summer time, unless I've got an event, its running shoes all day. Vans are my top pick for looks and comfort but there are so many styles and brands to choose from that your options are endless. Now during a night out, you bet I'll be pairing a heel with my favourite little dress. Finally, I don't leave the house without a pair of sunnies and let's face it, these may be on my very own list ;)

I hope these pieces have inspired some of your own spring wish lists or at the very least gotten you excited for the season. Let me know what you're favourite new accessories or pieces are and I'll be sure to blame you for my online shopping addiction :) xx
- Emilia

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am loving all of these trends! Off-the-shoulder tops are my favorite, because they show just enough skin (not too little/not too much). Speaking of mom jeans, I just bought my first pair a few weeks ago and I'm so excited to wear them out! They are the comfiest. It's like a whole new world going from wearing skinny jeans to mom jeans. :)

    Amy | http://amypham.me

    ReplyDelete