August 2014 Favourites

09:35

August has come and gone which means that while summer may be ending, fall is approaching. I always find this time of the month bittersweet. While the hot weather and beach day opportunities are looking more scarce, it does mean that the autumn weather is approaching and truthfully, it's my favourite season of the year. 

So while September may be upon us, I thought I would revisit my August favourites. Many of these items are quite transitional pieces, so while they may make you think of summer, they are also good for the early autumn weather.




First up, I have my tuxedo blazer from H&M (similar here). Blazers are probably my favourite piece to wear. You can obviously wear them to work (in a professional setting), but combine them with a pair of jeans and you have a sophisticated, casual look. I've been wearing this one non-stop and just love that it works with both jeans and dresses. 

I bought these shoes the weekend I moved back to the city and I've worn them so much since. They're Steve Madden that I found at Winner's (Canadian version of TJ Maxx) so I'm not sure where you'd be able to find them, but here is something similar. They go with pretty much everything and they look really flattering on the feet. I like the middle part of the shoe and most of my flats are rounded ballerinas, so having the pointed toes adds something unique to my collection. I'm looking forward to wearing them during warmer autumn days and next spring/summer. 

Ahh my hat. I loveee hats. Whether it's the summer or winter, I find a good hat (and scarf) can make any basic outfit look fabulous. A Secret, it's also great for hair that's 2-3 days old. This was the perfect hat for summer and hopefully I can wear it a few more times before it's time to switch to a more fall colour and fabric.





Next up, I've got my signature statement necklace. I wear this with so much sometimes I wonder if I should expand my collection. However, I always just gravitate back towards it. The necklace actually belonged to my mother, who got in while traveling in her youth (lets not kid, all our mothers are still in their youth). I find it's the perfect length and just goes with so many of my outfits.

My favourite perfume for a while has been Burberry Body. I got it about a year and a half ago but I still just love it. It smells so good on me and I can wear it both during the day and at night. It's quite strong, so I find that 1-2 sprits is often times enough and it stays on all day. I'm really looking forward to trying their new fragrance, My Burberry, because I've heard such great things about it (also the campaign with Cara and Kate looks fabulous).

The lipstick I've been sporting all month has been the M.A.C Lustre in "Plumful". This is such a perfect colour for everyday wear, adding just a bit of colour to get the perfect "my lips but better" shade. It's a pink-purple colour so definitely on the darker side but if you have quite pigmented lips then I highly recommend it. 

Now I know I keep talking about this mascara, but it's just honestly that good. The Buxom Lash Mascara gives the perfect large, voluminous effect. It lengthens the lashes and makes them fuller. I'm a huge fan of a big eyes and this mascara gives me just that.

Finally I've been loving the Vicky Aerateint Pure Fluid Foundation. It's a really light-weight foundation that I've loved using for everyday wear. While it doesn't come in many shades (light, medium, dark), I find the medium one actually suits me really well. It's for combination skin and that's exactly what I have. It doesn't make me oily and it also doesn't dry out my problematic spots. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I bought it a few months ago and can't seem to find anywhere that sells it. You can still find it on their website, which hopefully means it's not being discontinued.
I hope you've enjoyed reading all about my August favourites. Let me know which items you've gravitated towards in your beauty bag or closet; let's share our essentials for this transitional time.


Talk to you all very soon!
Emilia
xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments