Winter 2017 Evening Skincare Routine | Beauty

10:03

If you're like me, your evenings can be just as busy as the rest of your day. Whether it's doing more work for class, household chores or simply taking care of the kids, your evenings and days blend into one hectic mess. 
However, if there's one thing I've learned in my many years on this earth (23 year old Grandma right here) is that taking 15-20 minutes to myself at the end of the night will save me millions on stress. 
While I've always understood the importance of taking care of my skin, Thanks Mom!, it's taken me a fair few to connect that it's also a contributing factor to helping with elevated stress and anxiety.  
Forcing myself to take 15-20 minutes to take my make-up off, wash and hydrate my skin allows me to take a breather and do something purely for myself. It also helps with my stress because I know I'm actively doing something to prevent breakouts and other skin problems. 
My history with skin issues is quite long and yet super simple. I was that classic teen that dealt with acne from a young age and while it's gotten a lot better, I'm not at the state where I'll leave the house completely makeup free. 
The biggest thing I've learnt is that simplifying my routine is key and avoid "overapplying", because it just suffocates my face.
 When it comes to taking my makeup off, there really isn't much that's revolutionary, I use a combination of wipes and micellar water. On good days, I'll stick with the water (with some cotton pads) because it removes my makeup really well, without rubbing and irritating my skin. I love this Garnier one, but you can also never go wrong with Bioderma and Reversa. When it comes to makeup wipes, I'm not exactly a loyal customer. I just picked up these Simple Kind to Skin ones because you can't hear a bad review about them but Marcelle, Uriage and Bioderma (again) are just as good.
When it comes to actually cleansing my skin, I've fallen in love with the Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel. It doesn't irritate my skin and has the right ingredients to control and prevent breakouts. On days when I don't feel like my skin is too dry and the redness on my cheeks isn't too irritated, I'll use a toner. I've noticed such a difference since adding this step and it's all thanks to the Clinique Clarifying Lotion. I tend to avoid using multiple products that specifically target acne prone skin because it can cause a lot of irritation and so this step works really well with the cleanser. 
Finally to finish things off, I've really been enjoying the Vichy Idéalia moisturizer. I don't like using night creams because I find them too heavy and they easily clog up my pores, but this still gives me a good amount of hydration throughout the night. 
Eye creams are the one thing that I'm a little fickle with and I think it's because I have yet to find the right one. Nevertheless, the Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Fresh Gel Undereye is the one I'm currently using. I have noticed that If I skip this step for a few days, the area can begin to dry up so clearly there is a need for an eye cream but I'm open to suggestions for a new one.
When it comes to lips, again anything that hydrates works for me. You can never go wrong with the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant and I've also been really been enjoying the Blistex Deep Renewal
Light a few candles, put on your favourite music and take some time to just unwind. While makeup removal may seem like an annoying chore, it is a necessary part of your evening... unless you want your pillowcase to look like a Picasso piece. So instead of dreading it, find a way of making it useful to better yourself. xx
- Emilia

You Might Also Like

0 comments