Hi My Name is Emilia | Life

16:00

Hi! Welcome! Bonjour! This is quite the surprise. Here I am in front of my laptop wanting to creating something purely for myself rather then for school or work. If it's your first time visiting, Hi! My name is Emilia. If you're a old reader, who randomly saw an update that I've published something new, Welcome Back! 
I've been a little MIA these past few months and I can't really say I had a legitimate excuse. It can be quite daunting to want to create a blog so unique, that it stands out among the millions of other beauty/fashion/lifestyle blogs out there. I think I may have let it get to my head. Nevertheless, I'm back. With no expectations. I'll be posting about the things I want to read/write about it. Forget the "rules", lets just see where it takes me. :) 
Now that my little word vomit, schpeel is over, let's talk about fun things... Beauty!

Over these past few months, I've done a few purges of my makeup collection. You can quickly realize that having too much isn't exactly all that fun. It can take up a lot of space and you forget about 70% of the products you actually own. So whenever I want to buy something new, I've been going through my things to see if I really need it and to see if I already have a similar item. Now yes, I still own wayy to many lipsticks and I am still a sucker for a good highlighting palette but I'm quite proud with the progress I've made. 
Recently, I did one these cleanups and I thought I'd share a few of the key pieces I rediscovered. It's also a great way of pairing some older products with newer ones.
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir Lipstick: I got this last summer and it slowly fell into the never ending pile of pink lipsticks I own. However, finding it again, I've realized that its a beautiful colour that works for all seasons. Not too pink, it's quite sheer and applies beautifully with a simple "everyday look". It's one of those lipsticks that you can apply without a mirror and not worry about how it looks... Basically my favourite kind.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush: I tend to steer clear of blush because I already deal with redness on my cheeks. However, I've been loving this because the pink isn't too pigmented and the highlight gives a gorgeous glow without being overpowering.
Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base: I've fallen back in love with this primer. It feels so luxurious on my skin and gives a gorgeous glow. I also don't feel my makeup sliding off of my face at the end of a long day, which let's be honest, none of us  are really keen on.
A classic staple that has paired really well with these rediscoveries is my Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip liner in "Pillowtalk". It pairs so well with a lot of my nude-pink lipsticks that it's my no brainer top liner. I've also got to give a shoutout to my newest fragrance the Giorgio Armani Si Eau de Parfum. I picked it up in a rollerball to make sure that it was a scent that I would love and want the full size but after wearing it for two weeks straight, it's safe to say that I'm in love and yes, that full size is coming home soon.
I hope you've enjoyed this little "welcome back" post. Hopefully you have and you're looking forward to a few more. I'm not going to limit myself to the type of content I'll be publishing, basically, anything that I find interesting or that inspires me. I look forward to seeing you again and until then, have a gorgeous day! xx


-Emilia

You Might Also Like

0 comments