Where Have I Been | Style

10:00

So I haven't blogged in a month. My last post was June 30 and to be honest with you, it's because I've felt lost with this space. For the majority of this summer, I haven't really known where I want to take this space of mine.
I have such a love for beauty and style but I'm not always 100% sure how to express it. I also question what this space contributes to this community. While I write because it's therapeutic and relaxing for me, I do have a desire to help others through this platform. Otherwise, I would just keep a scrapbook for myself. I want to find a better way of adding my own personal touch, so that it becomes just that much more meaningful.
I want this space to be an expression of who I am as a person. I'm a girl, in her early twenties, trying to finish school and decide what she wants to do with her life. I have all these interests and questions about the world, and I want to use this space to share them with anyone who wants to listen (or read for that matter). 
This summer has been one full of questions. I can't really say it's been a relaxing summer, but it hasn't been hectic either. I feel like I've gone through the motions but haven't lived the life experiences. I want to push myself harder to strive for more and not feel stuck in certain situations. 
Don't like your job? Find a new one. Aren't happy with your life? Try something new. Want to master a new skill? Just. Do. It. I may be a little late to the party but here's to me finally doing the things that make me happy instead of just complaining about certain aspects of my life. 
I'm well aware that this is all easier said then done. However, I think I'm finally in a mental state that is strong enough to push through and accept that I have to make my own decisions for my happiness rather then simply wait for them to fall into my lap.
These photos were taken a while back but I still love the outfit in general and find it perfectly sleek and polished for a summer evening :)

Thank you for reading and I hope my little word vomit has inspired just a drop of motivation to carry on pushing to be the best version of you
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments