Natural Makeup Look (Drugstore)| Beauty

13:46

 I've never been very good with selecting standout drugstore makeup brands. While I, and my wallet, would rather spend less on the products, I tend to get sucked in to the whole "to get good quality, you need to spend more" ideology. 
However, in the last few months, I've realized that it only takes a little research online to figure out which drugstore brands are worth it and which ones aren't. 
This is why I'm very proud to show you a complete drugstore makeup look. It's quite "natural", but still full coverage, hence being perfect for my day-to-day. 
The even better part of creating this post is coming to the realization that these are actually products I do use on a regular basis and some have even substitutes for more expensive counter parts. 
Now, I'm not too sure if The Body Shop counts are drugstore, but because it is on the more affordable side (roughly the same prices as L'Oreal), I've included them here. 

I've gone for my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for foundation and have been sticking to the L'Oreal Colour Match Concealer. A new discovery of mine has been this NYX HD Concealer that I've gotten in a lighter shade to serve as my under eye concealer. And of course I couldn't finish off my base without the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, which has been a favourite for a long time. 
For the eyes, I went for neutral, brown tones that would give some definition but wouldn't be to harsh.
For my brows, I opted for my new but loved NYX Micro-Brow Pencil, which works just as well as any other high end fine nib pen out there. 
I used NYX "Sin" all over my eyelid and then used this Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in my crease. I was able to blend this really nicely with simple a large and dense eye brush. I then went it with a brown liner to define my top lash line. 
Finally, I finished off the look with Maybelline The Falsies Mascara, which has been a favourite of mine for a few years now. 
To complete the entire look I went it with a duo highlight and blush shade from Revlon (in the colour 02- Rose Glow) and on my lips, opted for NYX Soft Matte Cream in a gorgeous mocha colour. 
Overall, I very much enjoyed experimenting with my drugstore products and it has made me realize how I don't always need to save up and splurge on the more expensive pieces. While Sephora will always be one of my favourite shops, I think I'll discovery some fun and new pieces at any drugstore. 

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments