First Impressions: MAC X Zac Posen Eyeshadow| Beauty

14:08

Last week, M.A.C put out a new limited edition set, which was a collaboration with Zac Posen. As soon as I saw the emails, I knew I had to get my hands on some of the pieces; it's entire line is full of purple tones and classic, everyday shades.  
When I finally decided to go check out what was available, I opted for the EYE Z YOU eyeshadow paletteFirstly, I need to say that I really like the packaging. It's nothing all too impressive, but I love the blue-green exterior. I think it looks cute and different, especially compared to the black, standard M.A.C packaging. 
More importantly, it has a beautiful selection of purple and grey shades that are right up my alley. The lipsticks were all gorgeous, as well, but weren't really shades I'd wear for the everyday. The line also came out with a gorgeous kabuki brush but for $60 (Canadian), it was a little outside my budget. 
The shades are not the most pigmented, so if that's your thing, you may be disappointed. Nonetheless, I think they work perfectly for a minimal look. I love how there are both cream and grey tones because they combine beautifully together.  
I've had the weekend to play around with it and so far, my favourite shades have been the deep burgundy (bottom, far right), the silver-grey (top, far right) and the old rose (bottom, middle).
As I mentioned earlier, the shades are perfect for a minimal look but if you use both darker tones, you can definitely achieve a nice smokey eye. As well, the burgundy shade is gorgeous as definition on the lash line. 
I'm definitely happy with my purchase and it's a product I see myself carrying in my everyday makeup bag. I don't think I'd categorize it as a "must-have", but if you do love makeup, I think it would be a lovely addition to your collection. 
Let me know if you picked up a palette as well, or if you opted for something completely different from the collection! :) Have a wonderful week! 

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments