Nudes Discovery| Beauty

13:57

In the past, I've always avoided nude lipsticks. Even a few years back, when the trend was to have skin coloured lips, I just couldn't join in. I always felt that I looked dead, and therefore decided that nude shades just couldn't and wouldn't suit me. I carried on loving my pinks and berries until a few months ago, I decided I wanted to be "brave" at the MAC counter and pick up a new shade. So, I opted for "Retro"- a dark berry, brown lipstick. It was something completely different to what I normally wear, but I was very much drawn to it. The colour is perfect for casual wear, but it still, in its own way, makes a statement.
From then on, I've been a little more brave in testing out lighter toned nudes. While they still very much lean on a pink side, I'm impressed with my willingness to try some new shades. So, here are my four top nude lipsticks for newbies! :)
This is one of the newest to my collection and also the first Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick I've tried. There's a reason why I wear this in almost every Instagram post, I love this shade. It's quite dark but still brown that it gives a really nice edge to your outfit, especially when you aren't wearing heavy eye makeup. The only downside to this product is that it is very drying, therefore, it isn't one I would recommend wearing every day of the week. 
Next up, I've got NYX Stockholm and it's another favourite of mine. Unlike Lolita, this shade is much lighter and more on the pink side- it reminds me of a mocha shade. I really like that, even though it's matte, the pigment isn't extreme and therefore I don't find the formula as drying as the previous liquid lipstick. I really like pairing this one with a brown smokey eye because I think it complements my skintone quite nicely. 
As I mentioned earlier, this was the first "nude" lipstick I've ever tried. When comparing it to another shades in this post, it's quite clear that I don't think you can fully categorize it as a nude shade but it was what got me the confidence to venture into the trend. It has quite a bit of berry, red tones in the formula, so if those are the shades you usually go for then it can be a nice transition colour before diving into the lighter browns. 
Lastly, I have this gorgeous Rimmel shade in "08". This is quite similar to NYX shade but it sheen to it unlike the matte shade. I highly recommend this lipstick for any beginners. Firstly, the cost is fantastic, especially considering how good all Rimmel lipsticks are. As well, I think it is great for everyday. Because of the pink tones in it, the shade isn't too harsh for school and it holds really well, you don't need to constantly worry about re-applying. 

Well there you have it! The beginnings of my nudes lipstick collection. While I know it is very on trend right now, I think they will shades I keep in my makeup bag for a long time. What are some shades you'd recommend I try out next?

Have a gorgeous week!<3
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments