Balancing Life| Personal

12:38


For someone who deals with anxiety, balancing an everyday schedule can be very daunting. At least, I know for myself, I've struggled with balancing my daily workout, work, down time and social life. I've never been one who's very good at juggling all those aspects of my everyday routine. The interesting part, is that I actually know, through doing it, that a balanced life is my key to waking up happy. So while I struggle with it, I know the positive outcomes that materializes from a balanced schedule.
I'll be franc, I love lazying around, with my laptop while Netflix is on. And although it may be VERY peaceful, how does binge-watching a series impact my life? Change it for the better? 
Instead of Netflix, couldn't my down time consist of reading a book? Or better yet, relax and watch that Netflix episode, but instead of catching up on 3-4 new ones, limit the hours of mindless relaxation throughout the day. 
The first step to fixing a problem, is admitting you have one right? So maybe this is my plea (to myself) to get off the couch and enjoy the summer sunshine for a little longer instead of secluding myself to a fictional world.


Balancing a schedule isn't always the most obvious task to accomplish, but it does lead me to being less anxious and more at peace with myself. During the week, I go to the gym in the mornings so that it's out of the way and I don't have to worry about being tired after work. Wouldn't my gym accomplishments multiply if I decided to get those extra hours of sleep instead of catching up on random YouTube cat videos until 2AM?
It these small little changes that I can truly make throughout the day that aren't limited by finance, emotion, etc that will undoubtedly lead me to be a happier and more balanced person.

I hope you all have a wonderful end of week. We've reached the middle, which means only two more sleeps till the weekend! Let me know your best tricks to time management and finding peace in your everyday routine.


I've paired these loose printed pants (picked up in Dubai) with a plain black tank top and a sleeveless vest from H&M. Also, always have my trusty Shelly sandals on me. Pair the outfit with any kind of large necklace and you're good to go!

xo,
Emilia


You Might Also Like

0 comments