Keeping it Red| Beauty

11:03


I realized I hadn't posted a beauty post in a bit and thought doing a little FOTD (face of the day) would be fun. I do my makeup pretty much everyday for work. Truth be told, I love doing my makeup. It's a 15 minute part of my morning that I look forward too. 
My go-to look usually consists of a neutral, brown smokey-eye but today I felt like going for a bold red lip. So instead of reaching for my trusty brown shadows, I went for a clean and classic winged liner.




I find this look super easy, you just need to get a hand on using liquid liner. And as any other beauty blogger would say... "It just takes practice". I actually used to do mine with a gel liner and brush but over time I realized that I could get a thinner more defined wing with a liquid one. Maybe a makeup artist will say otherwise but I find using a gel liner made it a lot easier to switch to liquid afterwards. I kept everything else very plain and just filled in my brows with my trusty Anastasia Brow Wiz and then layered on some mascara. I'm not very loyal to mascaras but I have been enjoying this Maybelline Lash Sensational one that I picked up maybe a month and a half ago.


My base is pretty basic. I'm using the L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte and enjoying it so far. I'm still unsure if I would repurchase it, but the coverage is good and it hasn't broken me out. On top of that I'll use the Benefit Erase Paste to get rid of my under-eye dark circles and to cover any blemishes or acne scars I used the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I picked it up when I was in London (we don't have access to it in Canada) and it has gone to very good use, as you can see, the writing as completely worn off. To brighten up my under-eye area I go for the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. I've used this for years and while I've tried other brightening concealers, I always tend to go back to this one. Finally, I'll set my under eye and my T-zone areas with the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.


Like a lot of people this summer, I am loving my highlighter. I've kept with my favourites so far, but there are a few I want to get my hands on (*cough*Charlotte Tilbury*cough* Jaclyn Hill for Becca*). I love my Hourglass one (in the Ambient Lighting palette) and I use the middle shade to get the most luminous look. I find it one goes on perfectly over the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (in Rose). It's a perfect pink that isn't too overpowering but because it has pieces of shimmer already in it, the highlight goes on beautifully on top.


I've also been mixing my bronzers a lot this summer. I've been using the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess just to lightly bronze up my face and then I'll contour (very slightly) with my Lise Watier Rivages Bronzing Powder (this was part of a limited collection but here is a similar one). It has a mixture of gold, pink and bronze and just gives a gorgeous illuminated took. Can you tell I like the "illuminated" look? :)


Finally, the reason for this entire post; the lips. Whenever I want to wear I red lipstick I can put on my lips and then just forget about it and go on with my day, I reach for the Rimmel Lipstick in 107. Its from the Kate Moss collection and I think I've used this one since they launched a few years back. I've actually repurchased this tube a few times and plan on continuing to do so. I usually put a lip moisturizer on before applying a lipstick and today I grabbed my Yves Rocher Shea Butter Nourishing Balm which is the one I tend to reach for the most just because it works really well. I also don't wear a lip liner with this lipstick. I don't find it bleeds and I usually simply don't bother with a liner.


Et Voila! The finished look!:)


I hope you've enjoyed this little post! Let me know what you think of the look and if you want to see more makeup and beauty posts! Hope everyone is enjoying the end of the week, I know I'm looking forward to the weekend:)

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments