Laura Mercier "Daring By Day" Review| Beauty

14:57


Let's discuss this item of beauty. I happened to fall on this little gem when I was at the Sephora VIB Rouge Sale last week. I was kindly brought along as a guest by my friend and after getting everything I "needed" decided to peruse the isles for something that would catch my eye. 

This palette did just that. Now I have to admit, I'm really not a fan of the packaging. I don't think it's cute at all and the pattern makes me think of something from my grandmother's era. Nevertheless, I'll let that go because the product itself is fantastic. 

The Laura Mercier "Daring By Day" eye & cheek palette comes with six different eye shadows, a blush and a highlight. At first, I was a little apprehensive of buying something that included both eye and face colours because they tend not to compliment my skin tone. However, after swatching the blush and highlight, I was pleasantly surprised and decided to give it a chance.
 I've used the palette a few times, and can now confirm I've fallen in love. The colours are so versatile and I've been able to create both subtle, natural looks, as well as, darker, more defined ones.
All the shades are super pigmented, as well as, being very blendable. For a more subtle look, I've enjoyed pairing "Vanilla Nuts", "Guava" and "Boudoir". They give the perfect amount of shimmer so that you notice I'm wearing makeup but it isn't overpowering. For a darker look, I've combined "Steal Pink", "Boudoir", "Copper Mettle" and "Plum Haze". They're a perfect combo in order to define my eyes even more. I'll also apply that plum shade on my lower lash line to add that smokey effect. 
 Beyond that, I've actually used the face shades too. The blush is nicely pigmented but it's also got quite a decent amount of shimmer. That means I can put as much, or as little as I want. I also find myself using the highlight because it's got a subtle elegance to it. It's a perfect selection to when I don't want to go as flashy as my "Champagne Pop"
Overall, I'm very excited and pleased with this purchase. I've used it loads since taking it home and I have a feeling it'll be great for the holiday season. Let me know if you'd want me to do a makeup tutorial with it:) 

I hope you've enjoyed this little mid-week post. I know Christmas is still a month and a half away but since I've already started my gift shopping (I'm already in the holiday mood), I thought this would be a great gift to add to your wish list or to offer someone else.
Enjoy the rest of your week!<3
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments