The Red Edit| Beauty

12:53

I think it's pretty clear that lipsticks are my favourite makeup product. I love how it can enhance your entire look and can turn any casual outfit into an impressive one. Red lips are one of my all-time favourites but I especially love wearing it during the Christmas season. Because of this, I thought I'd share my favourite red lip products that I think work the best for all types of get-togethers. 
Today, I'm showing you 5 different products that can work at any level. I have a tinted lip butter that works for those who don't want to go as heavy as a lipstick. As well as that, I have a few different shades that would work for different skin tones. 
Revlon Lip Butter "070-Cherry Tart":This is great if you aren't 100% comfortable with a bullet lipstick. The fact that it isn't as pigmented helps you control how heavy you want the red. The colour is also very sheer so it allows for a very subtle effect. I find myself using this most for work because it allows me to wear a red lip without constantly worrying if I have lipstick on my teeth. 
Revlon Matte Balm Lip Pen "250-Standout": This colour is stunning. I love how easy it is to use the pen. I don't have to worry about over lining (which I have a tendency of doing) and because it's a matte finish the lasting ability is fantastic. The colour is quite a passionate red one, there isn't much orange in it, which means it works really well for an Old Hollywood glam look. 
MUFE Rouge Artist Intense"Pearly Bright Red-21": This is my holiday red. There is so much shimmer in this lipstick that I can only justify it during the holiday season. It isn't a consistency I would normally go for, however, I find myself reaching for it more then I thought. It's got great staying power and I don't have to worry about it throughout the day. This one isn't as much of a rich red colour but it'll work if you want to combine a little bit of a smoky eye with the red lip.
Rimmel Lasting Finish "107":My holy grail product. I mean I think the majority of beauty bloggers love this colour but I'm still going to rave about it here. I love a bold lip, so I have no hesitations when using this for my everyday lip colour. The consistency and longevity is great, especially since it isn't a matte finish. I think one of the major reasons why I love it is because it isn't a true red. There's a bit of a berry tone in there and we all know how much I love my berry lip;)
M.A.C "Viva Glam-1" Matte Lipstick: This is a great dark red lipstick that would work great with tanned to darker skin tones. Again, it isn't a true red which is why I think I use it as much as I do. It pairs beautifully with a bunch of different outfits and it gives a twist on the classic red lip. I tend to only wear this during the colder months so once winter hits, it's at the top of my makeup bag. As well, it's got fantastic staying power because of the matte finish BUT it is quite drying so please do wear a lip balm underneath. 
Well that was a lengthy one! However, when it comes to lipsticks, I simply get too excited. :) I hope you've enjoyed this post and please read my little note, I'm very excited about the project and I hope you will to;)


Importance Info!: 
I've decided to dedicate the month of December to holiday preparation. What do I mean by this? Every week I'll be featuring a different makeup and outfit look that could inspire any type of holiday gathering. Whether it may be a work party, Christmas Eve/Day or any other type of celebration, I've got you covered. Each week, I'll show you a different makeup look followed by outfit inspirations to go with it. It'll give me a chance to have some fun with one of my favourite holidays and hopefully it'll help anyone who feels a little stuck about what to wear with friends and family. These posts will begin next Wednesday (Dec 2nd) and will go through until December 18th, when hopefully you'll feel confident and ready for the holiday season.
Have a lovely weekend<3
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments