Spring/Summer Makeup Look | Beauty

11:00

 
I've been loving this makeup look lately. It's a purple eye and nude lip, which has been perfect for work. It's a little heavier in terms of quantity, it's still quite full coverage, but at the same time, I think it works really well for summer. I love how I can apply my makeup early in the morning and it stays put all day long. 
My base routine remains relatively the same. However, I have added a few new steps to it. Along with my primer, I've also been mixing the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base into my foundation. It gives off a perfect subtle glow without being overbearing and it brightens up your complexion beautifully.
Another change has also been to use a finishing spray after applying my liquid products. I find that this is what really helps in keeping my makeup on all day. My new foundation of choice has also been a great help. The Estee Lauder Double Wear (in the shade "Ecru") is a great full coverage product that is easily buildable and has wonderful lasting power. 
I wanted a slight contour, so I used the sculpt powder from Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow. I then bronzed up my face a little more with Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick. Finally, for just a little definition on my cheeks, I opted for one of my favourite products, M.A.C's Stereo Rose. I think this is the first time I've talked about this product on here but it's been one of my favourites for years. Unfortunately it was a limited edition (or discontinued, I'm not 100% certain), however "Perfectly Lit" is quite similar.
For the eyes, I wanted to create a subtle, purple smokey look. This M.A.C Zac Posen Palette (Eye Z You) is perfect because you can apply the shadows very lightly and you won't get a huge amount of product onto the eyelids. I used pretty much all the colours except the one in the top, middle. I used the two lightest shades all over the lid and then the darker plum shade to define the outer corner and create more depth. 
To then define my eyes a little more, I reached for the MUFE Aqua Eyes in "Matte Plum" and applied it on both the top and bottom lash line. 
I've been trying a few new mascaras lately, and for this look I opted for L'Oreal's Butterfly Sculpt Mascara. It's great for defining and lengthening lashes. I already have relatively long lashes but I find this defines them really well and just makes my eyes look much more open and awake. 
To finish off this spring/summer look, I reached for Kat Von D's Bow N Arrow. It is a little nude-y for summer, but I got it recently and have been obsessed ever since. It's probably one of the brownest lip shades I own, but I think it suits me nicely. The only thing I would say about this shade is that it doesn't really last all day long. By the end of the afternoon, it gets very patchy and even when I re-apply it, it doesn't look very good. It's something that can last for a night out or an afternoon with friends but not much else. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful shade, so I still find myself reaching for it and dealing with the patchiness at the end of the day. 
Thank you for reading :) I hope you enjoyed this spring/summer look and please let me know if you try it out. I'd love to know what you're favourite products are at the moment. Have a wonderful rest of the week and I'll be back with a new post on Sunday <3

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments