Benefit CHEEKATHON Palette Review| Beauty

11:00

This purchase was the perfect way to start my summer. At the end of my semester, after I'd gotten all my grades back, I thought I would treat myself to a little something. This was that little something. Because it was such a beautiful purchase and I was so excited, I decided to really utilize it and make sure I tested out every shade and do a proper review... And so here it is :) 
Firstly, the packaging screams Benefit, and while I have to say it isn't exactly my favourite, the product is so good, it really doesn't bother me. The palette itself comes with 3 blush shades, "Dandelion", "Rockateur", "Coralista", and two bronzer shades, "Hoola" and "Dallas". 
Here in Canada, it retails for $75, which is quite a pricy palette, but when you think of the fact that each shade is full size and individually, the shades retails at $36, you realize you end up getting a pretty good deal if you utilize all the shades. 
That was the one thing that made me hesitate. When it comes to palettes, I don't usually use all the shades given, I have my favourites but the others are left untouched. This is the first palette I own that I feel I'll use every shade in it. While there are some I love more, each one of them is wearable for everyday use. 
First and foremost, I've been really impressed with the quality. I mean, everyone knows that "Hoola" is an amazing bronzer and "Coralista" will suit pretty much any skin tone. But I've always found Benefit to be quite hit or miss. I can't really say it's one of my favourite brands but this palette has definitely made me think twice about them. The pigmentation for each shade is right up there and "Dallas" is one of the few bronzers that actually stays on my face all day long. 
At the start, I thought I would really like the brush that comes with the palette, it felt very soft to the touch. However, to be completely honest, I used it once and really didn't like it. It felt like nothing was getting onto the bristles, so I've just opted to use my own brushes. 
Dandelion: Is the first blush in the palette and it's a gorgeous dusty pink, perfect for summer. It's not the most used bush out of them all, but I'll use it when going for a very soft, minmal look.
Hoola: Of course, not much description needed for this one. This is a really nice bronzer for contouring because it's soo matte. Finally, the pigmentation is great, there's no orange in it, so you simply get a nice golden bronzed effect when wearing it.
Rockateur: This is definitely my favourite blush out of the 3 because I can also use it as a highlight. It's a very shimmery rose colour that gives a beautiful glow. I love a good highlight, so the fact that I can use it for both is definitely a plus for me.
Dallas: At first glance, I didn't think I would like this bronzer. Probably because I was scared of the red-ish tones in it. While "Hoola" is completely matte, this one has just a little shimmer to it. However, this is the shade I've been using the majority of the days. I think it's perfect for my skin tone and I think that's because my base is quite yellow, olive but I do have quite a bit of redness. It contours my face really nicely and blends in well with the natural tones of my face.
Coralista: The ever-loved blush. This was the first shade I tried because I was so happy I finally owned it. It's gorgeous. I love a good coral blush and when my skin is clear, this is definitely the colour I reach for the most. A coral blush is also pretty much an essential when going for a golden bronzed, beach summer look. ;)
I've super happy with this purchase. If it's in your budget and you've been looking for a beautiful cheek palette, then I definitely recommend you go and pick this up. 
I was watching one of Lily's vlogs and she made a joke about how so many beauty bloggers use the excuse of buying palettes because they are "great for travelling". And while I definitely agree that I use that excuse more times then I should, this will be the first place I don't ;) While I won't give up this palette any time soon, it's quite bulky and large. So, definitely not the most convenient for travelling. However, on the bright side, it does have a large mirror, which comes in very handy.  

Thanks for reading my review! I hope you found it useful and let me know if you decide to pick it up for yourself. As well, I'd love to hear about some of the new products you've been loving and that you recommend I should check out. Have a wonderful day! <3

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments