Always Evolving| Style

11:00

I've recently started reading a book called The Confidence Code and I was drawn to it because I've always felt that I've struggled with confidence or a lack there of. From what I've read so far, the book discusses how women are socially taught at a young age that perfection and hard work are more important then increasing success. Now, they make it very clear that this is a generalization of women and that we don't all feel this way, but I can relate to the feeling that I do not deserve an accomplishment that has been given to me. 
Pictures taken by Rachel Lesieur
| Dress- Boohoo | Jacket- French Connection | Bag- Mackage | Shoes- Adidas |
I can relate to the feeling of not being "good enough" or thinking I don't deserve something. I'm aware that it's not a logical train of thought, but that's where the confidence aspect comes in. However, the advantage of realizing this at a younger age is that it's easier to make conscious efforts to change my thought process. 
In the past years, I have quickly realized that by being conscious of your emotions, you are that much closer to better understanding yourself and that simply means you're evolving. And, I guess what I'm trying to say, is that your twenties and on ward is that time when you can constantly rediscover yourself and learn about who you want be. 
I've found that when I keep myself on a schedule and allow myself to always be doing something, it keeps my head from wandering away from my goals and allows me to consistently check things off my "to-do list". As well, knowing when to take a break and when to stop scrutinizing your every decision is something that has come in super handy, it's just a matter of being aware of when you're doing it and making a firm effort to stop. 
Thank you for reading! :) Let me know some of your tricks when it comes to staying on the right path in reaching your goals. 

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments