The Pink Edit | Beauty

11:00

Throughout the year, I'm the kind of girl who usually stays away from bright pinks. However, when summer time comes and the sun is shinning, you know I'm pulling my pink lip glosses and blushes out for all to see. I really start to gravitate towards the brighter, more "cheer-y" tones and they completely take over my makeup routine. 
I feel like this gravitation towards brighter colours is seen in both my style and my beauty routine. During the colder months, I don't wear anything that isn't neutral, however, during summer, I have no problem pulling out my flowy, floral dresses and wearing them all day, everyday. 

These lip glosses are my perfect shades of pink because they are pigmented but still muted so they're great for the everyday. On the days when I've taken a little more sun or I've applied some self-tanner, I'll even reach for a beautiful coral shade, like Clinique's Chubby Stick in "Heftiest Hibiscus"
| Revlon "Elusive" | Lancome "403" | Dior "02" | Clinique "Heftiest Hibiscus"|
I've always found that the brighter corals and pinks suit me so much more when I'm a little more tanned. That's why I've loved my Smashbox Duo in "Cosmopolitan" (similar) for years, the coral blush compliments a tan so beautifully and the bronzer is perfect for a cooler, olive skin tone. Both M.A.C's Stereo Rose (similar) and Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in "Rose" are also perfect for an all over glow because they act as both a highlight and blush. 
Makeup is all about having fun and I love how my preferences change based on the seasons, my outfits and even my mood.  While I'll always have my go-to products, it's fun to be able to pick your daily style the moment you sit down at your counter and apply your makeup. 

Come summertime, what are your favourite colours to pull out of your collection? 
Let me know!:)

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments