Top 3 Eye Palettes| Beauty

11:43

I don't own too many singly eyeshadows, I'm much more likely to justify getting a whole new palette altogether. I think it's because I never really use only one colour on my eyelids, I prefer when there are a few options available to me so that I can use them together. Either way, these are my top 3 palettes that I think are great value and allow you to create a range of different looks. Hope you enjoy:)
Urban Decay Naked Palette: I bought this a few years ago and it's still one of my go-to palettes... it has served me very well. I love how I can create very simple looks or I can use it's darker shades and go for a smokey finish. There's a good range of shimmer and matte shades that work perfectly together.  
My favourites are: Virgin, Buck, Naked, Smog & Toasted

Too Faced Natural Eyes: I know so many people have raved about this one. I held off for so long before purchasing it because I didn't want to be disappointed. I shouldn't have waited.... I've used these colours so much in the year that I've had it. The pigmentation is great and you can create some really interesting looks by mixing the different shades. The palette comes with a little sheet that helps you pair the colours for specific situations but my advice is to play around with them. Don't feel like you can only stick with what's written on the sheet. I like using these colours for nights out because you can get some really fun looks with the shimmer shades.
My favourites are: Silk Teddy, Cashmere Bunny, Push Up and Honey Pot

Laura Mercier Daring by Day: I know I wrote up an entire blog post on this one but I thought I'd mention it here as well. I didn't realize at the time that it was limited edition so I'm sorry if it's no longer available. This palette contains both eye and cheek shades so it acts as a more complete set. To be honest though, I tend to use the eye shadows much more frequently. The colours are amazing for everyday because they are pigmented but also allow you to create something very natural. I'll also mention the highlight because I think it works especially well for your brow bone (without being to shimmery). 
My favourites are: Vanilla Nuts, Boudoir and Meringue (the highlight)

I hope you've enjoyed this little post. As you evidently saw,  I gravitate towards the more neutral and "wearable" palettes simply because I find I get more use out of them. I also tend to keep it safe when it comes to my makeup. However, if you are a little more adventurous then me, you could probably create some really fun, creative looks with the palettes that have a few more electric shades. 

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments