Hello to 2016| Fashion

13:50

Hello 2016! 
I'm so looking forward to this coming year and all that it has to offer. These past few have been huge learning years. I don't think you're ever fully prepared for all the hurdles that life brings you in your early 20's. And I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like it can all be too overwhelming.  However, every year that passes, while more obstacles are thrown your way, you get a little more confident each time. 
| Coat- BCBGMaxAzria (old) |
Towards the halfway point of 2015, I took a major step in creating Emilia'sStyle. While it can seem like a small accomplishment, it was ground breaking for me. I've always had a soft spot for beautiful things, mainly in fashion and cosmetics and had been watching YouTuber's and reading blogs for years. In the back of my head, I had always wanted to develop a little space for this creative side of me but never felt confident enough to do so. Partially because I was fixated on perfection and also because of self-inflicted doubt. 
 
| Dress- Boutique 1861 | Jacket- Thrift |
 I am so grateful I got over those fears and plucked up the courage to pursue the dream. I think we sometimes undervalue "small" accomplishments because we deem them insignificant (I sure do...). However, the truth is, I've come to realize that the dream is simply a pretty picture in my mind, however this blog is a real piece of work I can show to people and that I'm genuinely proud of. 
 I can't wait to see how I'm able to continue to apply this new found confidence into the rest of my goals. I hope you're able to fulfill your dreams this year and perhaps this has helped someone out there lacking some confidence to get out and show the world just how special they are. 

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments