My Top Makeup Brushes| Beauty

13:14

Makeup brushes are probably one of my favourite accessories. When I was younger, I never thought I had much of an artistic touch. However, through fashion and makeup, I've been able to find my outlet for artistic expression. I've discovered that brushes facilitate putting your makeup on- they make life soo much easier. Today, I'll be showing you my favourite brushes that I use on an daily basis. 

The Face:


Real Technique Powder Brush: This, for me, is the perfect "all over face brush". I use it for powder but its so versatile that it can be used for blush, contour, etc. I actually quite like that it isn't extremely large but it is dense enough so it's able to pick up the right amount of product. 
Sephora Multitasker Blush- 54: This is quite a recent purchase but it's quickly become one of my favourites. I love using this for contour because it's got just the right angle and density for powders. I think it also allows me to have a firmer hand and more control over where I apply the product. 
Real Techniques Buffing Brush: I've tried a slew of different foundation brushes and I can safely say this is perfection. I've used stippling, flat brushes and sponges. This one takes the crown. The great thing about a firm brush, like this one, is that you can really control how light or heavy you want the foundation. 
Real Techniques Setting Brush: I initially bought this do set my under-eye powder but soon discovered that I really enjoyed using it for my highlight. The brush starts off quite wide but goes into a triangular tip.  I think this allows to get a really nice finish to the highlight.

The Eyes:

Sigma E40-Tapered Blending: This was from one of the first brush sets I bought myself and I still love it to this day. I can't finish a look without blending so this little guy and I go way back. Its the perfect length and because it isn't too firm at the top its very gentle on the eyelid.
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush: I selected this one out of all eye brushes I own because I really believe it is the most versatile. It's quite flat which I believe works really well in all stages of applying eyeshadows. It's also one of the softest eye brushes I own.
Real Techniques Brow Brush: I reach for this whenever I use a shadow for my eyebrows. It's the only angled brush I own that is so firm and precise. That also means it works really well with a gel liner.
Sonia Kashuk Spoolie: I know this is more of a tool rather then a brush but I just couldn't leave it out. I don't know how I did my eyebrows before I had this little guy. Even if I'm not wearing any makeup, I'll still run this through my eyebrows so that they look decently kept. When doing my eyebrows, I'll use this before and after applying any product. 
I hope you've enjoyed this little post! As I got more into makeup, I realized just how valuable a good set of brushes are and how they can really change the way you apply your products. 
What are some of your favourite brushes in your collection?
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments