Get Ready With Me: Party Look| Lifestyle

14:15

This weekend, I had my work New Year party, so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to showcase the outfit and makeup I decided to wear that evening. There was no theme but I did want to go for a winter chic look, and so decided to centre my outfit around the lace skirt I opted to wear. I hope you enjoy! <3

The Makeup:
For my makeup, I decided I wanted to focus on my eyes and keep the lips quite neutral. It's actually one of the first times I opt for a nude lip and I'm quite impressed. 
I didn't do anything too special with my base foundation. I just wanted to create a really clean surface so I used one of my high coverage foundations and reached for a translucent powder so that it would set and stay in place all night.
On my eyes, I went for some really nice bronzy, gold tones and a super defined winged liner. I wanted to create a "cut-crease" look but after that failed, I continued on to to finish a golden look. I always love adding a winged liner for "party looks" because it creates just the right amount of definition.
| M.A.C "Nylon", "Sable", "", "", "", | 
To finish off the makeup, I went in with a highlight and bronzer palette and to add just a bit more shimmer to the look, I reached for another rose gold highlight. Of course, because it's a party and we all know how hectic they can me, I finished off by spritzing a setting spray to keep it all in place.
| Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze&Glow | BeccaxJaclyn Hill Champagne Pop |
Finally, for my lips, I used a classic nudy-pink to bring it all together. I've never really worn shades like this in the past, but it could very well be something I grab for more often. I was really impressed with how well it suited me and the entire look.
| Rimmel x Kate Moss Lasting Finish 08 |

The Outfit:
Like I had mentioned earlier, I wanted the main focus to be my white skirt, so I kept everything else very plain but then added in some fun sparkly jewelry. I think the roll-neck, long-sleeve shirt paired very nicely with the skirt because it made it that more special for winter and you can never go wrong with a pair of opaque, black tights. 
| Skirt- La Petit Garconne | Top- Topshop |
I've always loved statement pieces when it comes to accessories so this party was the perfect excuse to pull out the sparkle and wear this gorgeous necklace. The pearl earrings were also a cute finishing touch that brought the entire look together. 
And that was my complete outfit! I've always been a fan of these "Get Ready With Me" videos on YouTube and thought I'd try and make my own version in blog form. Let me know if you enjoyed reading this :) 
| A few pics from the evening |
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments