My Top 10 Lipsticks | Beauty

19:34

We all have that one product to which we automatically gravitate towards. If I could only buy one item of makeup for the rest of my life, it would be...lipsticks. Yes, I'll miss my foundations, my mascaras and my eye palettes, but at the end of the day, lipsticks have stolen my heart.



I love the idea that we can play around with our lip colour and how it can add such character to an entire outfit. It's also a bonus that you can find different types of lipsticks with amazing quality in both the drugstore and at higher end retailers. I'll always go for a lipstick when buying from a new company or getting something special from a brand I don't have easy access too.

After saying this, it's no surprise that my lipstick collection is what I cherish the most out of all the makeup I own. More often than not, I'll reach for a lipstick over a lip gloss because I prefer the consistency of lipsticks and I feel like they look better on me then sparkly glosses. I also tend to go for darker pink, berry and red tones since they compliment my skin the best. Today, I thought I would share my favourite ones. :)

The Reds:
 | Revlon ColourBurst Just Bitten in "Standout" | Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss is 107| Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 111 | M.A.C Retro Matte "Ruby Woo" | 
These are my most used red lipsticks. I love wearing a red lip even if I'm not going anywhere special. It's makes for such a sophisticated look, especially paired with a jean, a basic tee and some heels. Rimmel 111 and M.A.C "Ruby Woo" are more classic rich reds, while Revlon's "Standout" and Rimmel 107 are a little darker and have a slight berry undertone. I find myself using the true reds on special occasions (or during the holidays), while the berry reds, I'll wear on a more everyday basis.

The Pinks:
| M.A.C Lustre "Syrup" | Burberry No.09 | Revlon Colourburst Lipstick "Rosy Nude" | 
The pinks are the ones I use the most and are probably the ones I go through the fastest. This is because they're the easiest to apply and go with literally everything. M.A.C's "Syrup" is the closest I'll get to wearing a nude lipstick and it evens out my lips perfectly for an effortless look. Burberry No.09 is my special pink that is a little darker then my lip colour but it also has a mix of orange/coral undertones. I'm not 100% sure how to describe it but it looks amazing on my lips and is definitely one of holy grail colours. Finally Revlon "Rosy Nude" (similar) is exactly as it's name describes it. It's a darker pink that I've been using for years and gives such amazing moisture while still being well pigmented. 

The Berries:
| Charlotte Tilbury "Night Crimson" | M.A.C Satin "Captive" | Rimmel Lasting Finish "Bordeaux (124) | 
To be completely honest, I'll wear a berry lip whenever I feel like it. Yes, I probably wear them more in autumn then in the summer but I won't shy away from the shade in the winter or spring months. Out of all my lipsticks, berry is probably my favourite tone because it combines the other two shades so well and because there is such a spectrum of variety to berry shades. These 3 lipsticks are a perfect example of that. M.A.C "Captive" (Satin finish) is a very light berry shade compared to the others. It's super wearable and great if you're testing out this new tone. Charlotte Tilbury's "Night Crimson" is probably the middle berry shade. It has some brown undertones and works really well for a night out. Finally, Rimmel's "Bordeaux" (124) is the darkest of the 3 and one that I've been reaching for for years. It's so pigmented but glides onto your lips perfectly. It's not a matte finish so it doesn't dry out your lips and I surprisingly don't feel like I have to keep applying it throughout the day.

What new lipsticks do you think I should test out next? Or which makeup product is your absolute favourite? Let me know in the comments below!:) 
I hope everyone takes advantage of the upcoming weekend and I'll be back next Monday!
Emilia
xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments