The Little Blue Dress| Fashion

21:30


I hope everyone is enjoyed their long weekend and was able to take full advantage of Labour day! I posted a picture of this look on Instagram about a week and a half ago but thought I would write up a little post about it here as well.
First off, can I just comment on the fact that there's hardly any black in this look (let's not pay any attention to my flats).


I decided to accessorize my Boohoo (similar) navy dress with some layers and stand out jewelry. I began with pairing it with this gorgeous white Zara blazer. I love that sleeveless blazers are coming back in style, I've always been a fan of vests but I can really appreciate the structured and sophisticated look this blazer gives. I know I'll be getting a tone of use out of it in the upcoming weeks and will be able to pair it for both casual and dressy occasions.


I also decided to accessorize this look with a gold body chain. Now, I've always been very unsure about these. I've found it to be very hard to pull off these body necklaces and while others seem to do it so well, I didn't really think I could. Well, turns out the trick is to keep the rest of your jewelry very minimal and to stick to a simpler dress. I got my chain during Montreal's Fashion and Design Festival by a brand called My Addikt and unfortunately I can't seem to find the exact body chain on their website, so here's a similar one.


Finally I finished off the look with a Burgundy hat. I loved mixing the navy with the burgundy because I find both tones compliment each other really well. Plus, a hat always gives so much more attitude and character to an outfit.

Hat- Editorial | Dress- Boohoo| Vest- Zara| Shoes- Rudsak
I hope you've enjoyed this outfit post and let me know how you would style some similar pieces! Also if you've enjoyed the style posts that I've been uploading here, you can check out my Instagram page for many more outfit inspirations:)

Have a wonderful week!
Emilia
xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments