With a Pop of Colour| Beauty

11:21

I've been wearing this makeup look lately. It's a very simple eye look but allows for a great pop of colour on the lips. This look is great for everyday and it's super easy for class. Apart from if you choose a vibrant lip colour, it's very natural  and gives off a beautiful glow. I love the pairing of a natural eye makeup with a pop of colour on the lips because it makes me feel so much more cheery and put together.


M.A.C Studio Fix (NC25): I start off with my foundation and I've used this one on and off for a few years now. It has really great coverage but if you don't have problematic skin (as I do) it could be a little heavy.

M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer (NC20): This is a great coverage concealer. Again, it is on the heavier side, but I love the finishing look it gives. I only use this on my blemishes and on the red-er areas of my face.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: To be honest, I can't remember which shade I got this in because it's been scraped off. I do get it in a shade lighter then though because I use this under my eyes to brighten the area. I'll also take this and apply it on the top of my forehead and on my cupid's bow (right above my lip). I do this because it helps with my dark circles and because it helps brighten up my face by giving me a natural glow.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Sandstorm): I then set my face with a powder and I just love this one. I've tried a few setting powders and some have worked really well but I've continuously gone back to using this one. It isn't expensive and it does the job beautifully. I'll apply this to set my under-eye area and in my T-zone.

Lise Watier Bronzer: This was a limited edition bronzer, from their Summer 2015 collection, but I've linked a very similar bronzer from their permanent collection. I absolutely love it. It's got a beautiful mixture of bronze, gold and pink pigments. It's not the heaviest bronzer, but I love the glow it gives and for me, I don't find myself needing a huge amount of bronzing powder.

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow (light/medium): I've spoken about this quite a lot lately but I just really enjoy using it. I contour very slightly right under the cheekbone and then I'll use the highlight shade right at the top of the apples of my cheeks.


Nars Smudge Proof Primer: Not much to say about this eye primer, but I really enjoy this one and it keeps my eyeshadow on all day. Does it's job and so I'm happy.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeliner "Brown" : I'll only use this to tight line under my lashes just so that they seem fuller.

M.A.C Eyeshadow in "Naked Lunch": I use this lighter colour all over my lid just to even it all out and to have a little bit of shine.

M.A.C Eyeshadow in "Wedge": I'll then take "Wedge" and apply it in my crease to define and give some more depth.

Maybelline Lash Sensational "Blackest Black": I've been using this mascara all summer and I still love it. It gives such a full and voluminous affect while still lengthening my lashes.


Finally I've been doing this look with a bunch of different lip options, so here are my favourites:


The Lip Glosses:

The first lip product is Buxom's Cherry Red lip cream. It's a gorgeous red that gives a lot of colour without being overbearing. It's a great option if you want to try out a red lip but aren't comfortable yet using a more pigmented lipstick.

If you're looking for more of a pink-purple hue then, I would recommend Revlon Colour Stay Just Bitten in "Smitten". Again this has a bit more pigment then a regular lip gloss but it can still be applied with a light hand if you want a softer look. This is a great summer berry option because it's got quite a decent amount of pink in it as well.

Last up, I've got the Dior LipAddict in 002. I would definitely recommend this shade if you're going for a very natural look. This will ever so slightly plump your lips but still give a very natural colour with a little bit of shine.

The Lipsticks:

Rimmel Matte Lipstick (104) is great for a quick on-the-go colour. I don't need to worry about this one when applying it without a mirror. It's a "my lip but better" colour but because it's matte, your lips look fuller and more defined. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick (042-Just So) is very similar to 104 but a bit more pink. Again, very wearable and easy to apply in a hurry. If you're looking for a fuller look with this one, it looks really good paired with a pink liner as well. 

Burberry Lipstick (09) is once again a pink toned option. This is the one I reached for the most during the summer months, because it also has a slight coral undertone. This means it gives off a beautiful coraly-pink shade. The formulation is also probably the best out of all these options; it's creamy, while still very pigmented and doesn't dry out my lips.  

Finally, we have M.A.C's Dark Side, which is a very dark berry colour. This one doesn't have any pink undertones to it, so it's an absolute favourite this time of year. It's a very rich colour. The only down side is that it is a drying formula so I would definitely apply a moisturizer underneath. 

I hope you've enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think of the look and if you'd try it out at home. I hope you all have a lovely week and I'll talk to you in my next post:) 

Here I'm pairing the look with M.A.C's Dark Side lipstick
Emilia
xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments