Hollywood Glam #MiaXmasPrep | Beauty

13:29

Welcome to the first day of #MiaXmasPrep! Today's post is all about a classic makeup look that could go with most outfits during the season. I've got you covered with a nice winged liner and a gorgeous red lip. Now I know that this look is frequently done but I thought that I could add my own twist to it and make it a bit more me.
I'v found that the best way to pull of this look, is to focus on the base and make sure its perfect and then you can have fun with the wing and lip. Hope you enjoy!:)

The Base:

| Real Techniques Buffing Brush | Sigma F60 | Sephora Multi Tasker Brush 54 |

I started with my Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer to achieve a smooth base and to make sure that the makeup would stay on all day. I then opted for my M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid foundation (NC25) because I wanted to go for something heavier that would cover up any imperfections. If you look at old Hollywood events, the women always seem to have such flawless skin and so that's what I was trying to achieve. I covered up any redness with my L'oreal True Match Concealer(Neutral/Fair Light N1-2-3))and then lightened my under-eye area using the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (230 Very Light/Light). I set all of that using my M.A.C Prep+Prime Translucent Finishing Powder, concentrating on my T-zone and my under-eye area. 

The Eyes:

|  Sigma E70 | Sonia Kashuk Spoolie

First and foremost, I applied my Too Faced Shadow Insurance so that nothing would disappear throughout the day. I then filled in my eyebrows using the Anastasia Brow Wiz (Soft Brown). As a base for the liner, I decided that a bit of shimmer would be nice, so I used my Burberry Shadow in Gold Pearl no.001. It's got a gorgeous finish that gives a little bit of pop to a standard gold shade. I then used my Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner (Jet Black). This pen works really well, I like that it consistently gives an even amount of product. I also added a bit of black in between my lashes for a fuller effect. For that I used the Gosh Velvet Touch Eye Liner (Black Ink). Finally I used my Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara to give me extra volume. This entire look could also work really well if you wanted to add some false lashes. 

The Face:

| Sigma F40 | Real Techniques Setting Brush |

I did a bit of contouring using the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess (03-Medium). I then applied a tiniest bit of Nars Blush (Sin) simply to give me a bit of colour but not so that it's very apparent. I then used the Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminating Veil for a little bit of highlight. I applied that just over my blush on the apples of my cheeks. 

The Lips:


I would suggest applying a lip moisturizer at the start of doing your makeup so that it has time to sink in. I lined my lips with the Sephora Lip Liner (The Red) and then applied my Revlon Matte Balm Lip Pen (Standout).

I hope you've enjoyed this first post of my #MiaXmasPrep series. On Friday, I'll be showing you the first outfit I'll be featuring so don't forget to check back then!
Have a lovely Wednesday :)
Emilia xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments