Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies| Baking

12:11

I really enjoy being in the kitchen. I can't say I'm the greatest cook/baker but I really appreciate making food for others. I unfortunately don't bake as much as I'd like but figured my Christmas break would be a perfect time to make something new. 
I don't really follow a specific diet but I do enjoy finding healthy alternatives to typically unhealthy foods, for example: these cookies. These are paleo macadamia and chocolate chip cookies. They contain no dairy or wheat. Here's how you make them :) 

I'm using a recipe from Julie Bauer and George Bryant's "The Paleo Kitchen" (found on page 267)
Ingredients needed:
  1. 1 cup macadamia butter (I made my own by grinding 300g of macadamia nuts in a food processor) 
  2. 1 egg
  3. 1/4 organic honey
  4. 1/4 coconut oil ( I used coconut sunflower because I ran out of coconut oil)
  5. 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
  6. 1/2 chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate ones)

 Firstly, I turned my oven on to 350 degrees. Then, it's a matter of adding all the wet ingredients into a mixing bowl until smooth and adding the dry ones (except the chocolate)afterwards. Combine all the ingredients until the batter is smooth. This may take a little bit more time if the honey begins to harden but continue to mix and it'll settle properly. I added the chocolate chips and mixed them into the batter with a plastic spatula. Afterwards, I let the mixture harden in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
 The recipe called for making medium sized balls but I wanted to make a few more so I used a mellon ball scooper to shape the cookies. I also wasn't sure if they would grow significantly so I made 9 in each batch (2 1/2 batches in total) but realistically I could have fit more on a medium sized pan. I left each batch in the oven for 12-14 minutes. 
The cookies turned out perfectly. My tip for testing them is to offer one to someone and just let them know that they're regular chocolate chip and macadamia cookies. When I gave them to my tester, he thought they were normal cookies and said they were delicious. It's only after he ate them that I let him know they didn't contain sugar. 
 I think these are wonderful gifts to offer someone as a hostess present or simply someone you know will love and appreciate something that is homemade. Baking or making something for others is a great idea for gifts, especially when you're on a budget. 
I hope you've enjoyed this recipe and that you try it out at home! It's the first time I try to attempt a baking post so I hope it's something interesting for you. Let me know if you'd like to see more of these and I'll gladly put my baking apron on more often.
Enjoy the rest of your week!<3
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments