Pink for the Holidays| Beauty

17:57

Welcome back to another #MiaXmasPrep post all about a gorgeous pink holiday lip. I thought I'd create a look that would work super well for a Christmas Day dinner. :)
It's not very often that I wear a "bright" pink lip but as I was figuring out this entire look, I realized that it would be the perfect finishing touch. The main focus on this entire look is the eyes, so I'll go into more depth about that.  I hope you enjoy the look!<3

 The Base:

|Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer | Benefit Erase Paste (002) | Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation (Buttermilk) | L'oreal True Match Concealer | Rimmel Wake Me Up Brightening Concealer|
 We all know I like a clean base, so I started with my favourite products. I went in with a primer and then before applying my foundation, I used Benefit's brightening camouflage. I'm prone to strong under-eye dar circle and it is finals, so I decided to add an extra step with the heavy duty stuff. Next, I opted for a matte foundation because I wanted to concentrate on specific areas for any shimmer later on. Finally I used my standard concealer for blemishes and an under-eye brightener to layer over that first under-eye product. 

The Eyes:

|Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette | M.A.C "Omega" & "Wedge" | Maybelline The Falsies Mascara | Too Faced Shadow Insurance|
 I applied my very loved eyeshadow primer and then did my eyebrows so that it had some time to dry. Today, I used a combination of two MAC shades, "omega" and "wedge" for my eyebrows and they gave a really nice natural finish while still filling in the areas where the hairs are a little sparse. 
For this look I opted for one of my favourites, the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. All over the lid, I applied "Heaven" and then right in the middle used "Push Up". I then used "Cashmere Bunny" in the crease to create more depth. Towards the outer corner of the eye, I went for a mix of "Erotica" and "Sexspresso". If you decide to recreate this look, remember to blend everything as you go along;) In the inner corners of my eyes I then went in and applied some "Silk Teddy". I also used that on the inside lower lash line and then towards the outer ends of that lash line, I used "Erotica". 

The Face: 

|Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in "Bronze" | Becca Highlight "Champagne Pop" | Estée Lauder "Rebel Rose" Blush" | Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
I used a translucent powder to set my liquid base products and then went straight in for my bronzer. I applied that on the outer extremities of my face, where light would naturally hit. After that, I used a dark pink, almost plum, blush on the apples of my cheeks. To finish, I applied a fair amount of highlight to the top of my cheek and brow bone. 

 The Lips:

| Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm "Elusive" |
 Like I said at the start, bright pink isn't a lip shade I'd normally go for, especially in the winter, but I thought this one would pull the entire look together. Because it's in stick form, the colour is very easy to manipulate. I dabbed it on my lips so that I wasn't making it too matte but rather creating a nice sheer finish. It's quite an old rose pink shade which I think works perfectly for the holidays. 

So there you have it. A neutral, shimmery eye and pink lip ready for the holidays (or any other time, really)
:)
I hope you're all having a wonderful week and wishing luck to all those currently studying for finals <3
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments