A Powerful Glow| Beauty

16:11

I think it's safe to say that I love the glowy finish to my makeup. Even when I want to stay basic, I like to use a highlight. I definitely find it makes me look and feel more awake. Just a little bit of glow makes an entire makeup look feel refreshed and vibrant. 
So after saying all this, it's only natural that I discuss some some of my favourite highlight and contour palettes.
| Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette |
This palette is what got me hooked on highlighters. The middle shade is absolutely beautiful and when you combine all three, you end up getting the most beautiful bronzed glow. As is clearly evident, I've used this palette to bits. So while it's been a little more then a year since I've had it, I don't see it leaving me anytime soon. 
|Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Veil
This is the newest member of my collection and while it is only a sample, I'm tempted to go out and purchase the full sized version. This gives a beautiful finish without seeming too much. I like to use this one when I'm going for the "no makeup" makeup look. It gives a very natural finish that defines the cheekbones but doesn't overpower them.
| Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow |
This product needs no explanation. I have yet to find someone that doesn't like it... This palette is what got me really intrigued by Charlotte Tilbury (her products aren't easily accessible here in Canada). This duo was definitely used A LOT this summer and, these days, I tend to reach for it on nights out. It's one of the most pigmented palettes I own so it works really well when I want to go for a more defined look. 
| BeccaXJaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in "Champagne Pop" |
The BeccaXJaclyn Hill highlight is perfect because it has a gorgeous rose gold undertone. This one, as well, is extremely pigmented, so it isn't one that I'll grab for everyday but it definitely fits the bill when I want to have a little more fun with my makeup.  
| Kevyn Aucoin Contour Book: The Art of Sculpting |
I think I've learnt the most about contour and highlight from this palette. I know that's probably silly to say but there is a reason why Kevyn Aucoin is the master of the contour. My favourite shades have been "Brighten" (top left), and "Sculpt (bottom right). The "Celestial Powder" is also gorgeous but it is very similar to the middle shade of the Hourglass palette. 
| Laura Mercier Daring by Day Palette, shade "Meringue" |
The final highlight I've really enjoyed using is "Meringue" from my Laura Mercier palette. I didn't think much of it when purchasing the palette- thought I'd just use the eyeshadows. However, I have realized that the highlight shade is amazing. Whenever I use the palette for my eyes, I end up sticking with the highlight because it just works really well. I like that it has some pink undertones, which means I can get away with not using a blush. It's not a heavy shade but if you're just going with a simple look that day, I think its a perfect addition. 
Well there you have it! My favourite highlight shades in my collection <3 If you've stuck until the very end, thank you.. I appreciate it :) 
I hope you have a gorgeous week!

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments