Winter 2016 Everyday Makeup Routine| Beauty

12:14

 I like taking my time in the mornings so that once I'm out of the house, I'm fully awake and ready to get things done. My makeup routine is part of that, meaning I don't rush through it and it is one of my favourite parts of the morning. 
Honestly, my makeup, my coffee and my music is whats gets me through these early hours. 
So, I'm constantly playing around with my everyday makeup. I tend to base my makeup around my mood or outfit. These days, I've been going for a variation of this look because it's pretty simple and perfect for school.
| The Body Shop- Insta Blur | Rimmel- Wake Me Up Concealer | Clinique- Beyond Perfecting | Benefit- Erase Paste | Rimmel- Stay Matte Powder |
I've noticed that on full days out of the house, a primer is key so that my foundation stays on as long as possible. I tend to go for more medium coverage foundations and will really work that into my skin so that I avoid using as much concealer as possible. It's not always possible (thank you acne prone skin...) but on most days this is the one I reach for. I then use some concealer to cover my dark circles and any other blemishes that are still noticeable. I also like to use a brightening concealer to give me a bit more glow since the foundation is quite matte. I'll then finish with a little bit of powder to maximize the longevity and make sure the under-eye concealer doesn't crease. 
| The Body Shop- Insta Blur Eyes | YSL- Shocking Mascara | Laura Mercier- Daring by Day Palette)
My eyebrow routine is pretty standard, I like to use eyeshadows for it and these are some by M.A.C (wedge and espresso). I combine these two colours, to get as close to the real shade as possible. I have to use an eye primer since that's the only way the powders will stay on for more then a few hours. I then apply a matte base (bottom, far-left) and will add a little bit of definition with a darker tone (top far-right). I also like to apply that darker colour to the bottom lash line. I finish off the look with a very voluminous mascara because I love the look of thick, long lashes. 
| Kevyn Aucoin- The Contour Book | Nars Blush- Sin |
I've begun to experiment a bit more with blushes. To be completely honest, it's not something I wear everyday, but I am trying to work it into my routine. I do think it gives more depth when shaping your face but I'm not always sure it works with my already rosy-cheeks. I have, however, had a lot of fun with this contouring palette. It's been fun learning new ways of contouring without changing the shape of my face and simply enhancing my features. I've particularly loved using the brighten powder (Step 3). 
| M.A.C - Only You | Dior- Lip Polish |
Finally, for my lips, I've put down my berry shades and have been reaching for something a little more subtle. This is one of my favourite combos atm. Both the lipstick and the gloss pair beautifully together and they give my lips a pretty shine without looking overly plump or unnatural.  
Well if you've made it all the way to the end, Congratulations! I didn't realize this was going to be such a lengthy post. Anyway, I' hope you enjoyed the post and do let me know what your go-to makeup routine looks like :) 

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments