Standouts of January 2016| Beauty

14:07

 I was planning on doing a January 2016 favourites posts but realized I had very little to show you. Therefore, I thought I'd dedicate today to the three products that changed my makeup routine. They don't seem like much, but all three have been used every day since being purchased and they've added such joy to my mornings. 
 The first is the gorgeous YSL Shocking Mascara. I've used it before in the past, but it's very much a luxury product I don't exactly purchase very often. This is hands down my favourite mascara. It gives such amazing thickness and volume that I just haven't been able to find with any other out there. I love the consistency as well, it really coats the lashes from the bottom, all the way to the top. As much as I would love to be able to repurchase this on a regular basis, I like that it's something I can treat myself too every now and then. It's a beautiful addition to my counter.  
 I bought this Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in "Incandescent Electra" because I had heard Estee talk about it in one of her 2015 favourites videos and was curious to know if I'd love it as much as she did. I'm not sure if this is the same shade as the one she talked about, but I have fallen in love with this cool peach tone. I have a love/hate relationship with blushes because I already have a lot of redness on my cheeks but I fell for the shimmer of this product. It gives a gorgeous glow with a slight pinky-coral hue. It's perfect for someone who wants something a bit more pigmented then a simple highlight but doesn't want to go for a heavier blush. 
 I bought the Clarins Lip Oil mid-way through December and it's what I've been applying on my lips morning and night, everyday since. I've had really dry lips this winter and this has really helped keep them hydrated. I've really enjoyed the texture of this compared to the Eight Hour Cream because I find it less sticky and it simply sinks into my lips a lot faster. It's also really nice to wear on its own, so on days when I don't really wear any makeup, I'll still use it and it gives a really nice shine to my lips.  
I hope you've enjoyed reading about my most loved and used products of January. Let me know what you've been loving this new year!

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments