Berry Obsessed| Beauty

17:01

Berry season is finally upon us! I don't think it's a surprise that fall is my favourite season. I've pretty much talked about it for a solid 2 weeks. It's the season of new beginnings, layers and the absence of humidity. It's also the season that brings the most beautiful colour changes and brings along the opportunity for cozy sweaters, vests, hats, scarves and jackets. What isn't there to love?

Colder weather also means I get to play with darker shades of makeup. Yes, there really isn't a problem with wearing a dark, smokey eye during the summer but I find the tones go so well in the autumn season.

Today I'm sharing my favourite berry toned products with you. They include everything from eyeshadows, blushers and of course lipsticks. Hope you enjoy!;)


I love wearing berry tones because they compliment my skin tone really well. Another bonus? I have a tendency to get red on my cheeks and nose so berry toned blushes are much more complimentary then you're typical pink shade.

Estée Lauder Pure Colour Blush "12-Rebel Rose": This is a great plum blush. A little goes a long way with this product so I would apply it with a light hand. 

Nars "Sin": This is a cult favourite. Again, a little goes a long way. Sin is slightly darker then the Estée Lauder blush, which means it works really well in January when it's in the minuses and you want that perfect "wind swept" look. 
Tarte "Rainforest After Dark": I love this palette. This was one of their limited edition palettes a few seasons back and I still find myself reaching for it today. The eyeshadows are gorgeous and the highlight is perfect if you want a little shimmer. 

M.A.C's "Sketch": I've been using this eyeshadow a lot more recently. I apply it with a rounded brush right in the outer crease of my eye and will usually bring it down into the outer end of my bottom lash. It gives a great  feminine smokey eye without the harshness of a darker colour (like black).  
| Rimmel- Bordeaux | M.A.C- Dark Side | M.A.C- Rebel | Revlon- Black Cherry | Charlotte Tilbury- Night Crimson | 
These are my most used berry or dark toned lipsticks. Each is slightly different and has a unique feature. For example, M.A.C "Rebel" is much more fuchsia then Revlon "Black Cherry" which is much darker and carries some rich purple and black mixtures. Rimmel's "Bordeaux" is very similar to M.A.C "Dark Side" but has a bit more red undertones to it. "Dark Side" is also quite similar to Charlotte Tilbury's "Night Crimson" except I would say that it's a little more matte, therefore, a bit more drying. The fact that its matte does, however, allow it to last longer.  

I hope you've enjoyed this Thursday's post. I wish you all a wonderful weekend. I will be spending mine at work and studying so, if you can, please take advantage of any autumn sunny weather for me!
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments