Autumn Makeup| Beauty

14:40

Today's makeup look is all about perfecting the base and having a bold lip. What I mean by this is keeping the eyes relatively clean and making sure the rest of the fact was nicely done; emphasizing the brows and cheeks. I hope you enjoy the look! :)
Everything starts with the base; making sure my skin was even and smooth. So after applying my moisturizer I then went with:
L'oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer: This is one of the best primers I've tried. While there have been some that do just as good of a job as this one, L'oreal's price point is perfect compared to using something higher end. It doesn't make my face oilier then it already is and doesn't make me break out either. Also, I have noticed that if I'm wearing makeup all day, it's worth it to apply this first since it does actually help my makeup last longer
Benefit Erase Paste: I use this for my under eye dark circles. I find it works really well. I apply it just under my eye to cancel out the dark features. I can't quite compare it to it's other competitors (at it's price point) because I've only used drug store alternatives. However, compared to those it works much better.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance: This is an eye primer and it works really well. I would definitely recommend this one. It hasn't irritated my eyes and my eye shadows have lasted all day with this compared to others. 
M.A.C Studio Fix (NC25) & Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation: I've been mixing these for a few weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. On there own, both shades work really well on me. However, I feel like the Healthy Mix makes my Studio Fix a bit creamier, which allows it to be smoother and not as heavy on my skin.
M.A.C Mineralize Concealer: This is one shade lighter then what I need and I'll apply it under my eye area, to brighten it up. As you can see from the bottle, I've really enjoyed using it and it does a good good.
M.A.C Studio Fix Concealer: I've talked about this one before and how much I enjoy using it. I needed to apply it to a few areas where I had a few blemishes. It does the job well, but as I've said it is a heavier concealer so (happily) I don't find myself needing it as much as I use to.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: Just like the concealer, I've mentioned this one several times before. I really enjoy using this. I have several powders at home that I enjoy using, but I always seem to come back to this one. Today, I used this to set my under eye area and my T-zone, which is where I get the oiliest.
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick "Bronze": I used this as my bronzer today. I didn't really contour much today, so I applied this under  my check bones and at my temples. I've been using this for a few summers now and I think it still works really well in the fall if you apply it with a light hand, that way the shimmer isn't too strong. I didn't want to have too much shimmer in my bronzer, because it was going to go in with a highlight afterwards.
Estée Lauder Blush "Rebel Rose": I've taken this beauty out again (as you saw in my last beauty post) and I'm so happy about it. I lightly applied this on the apples of my cheeks, just enough to inject a bit of colour back into my face.
BeccaXJaclyn Hill Shimmer Highlight "Champagne Pop": Even with fall, I still wanted to add a bit of sparkle to the look. I didn't have to think much about reaching for Jaclyn Hill's highlight. I think that the rose gold of the highlight went perfectly on top of my plum-y blush.

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette: In this palette, I used the shades "Heaven", "Silk Teddy", "Honey Pot" and "Nudie". I applied Heaven all over my eye lid and then went in with a mixture of "Silk Teddy" and "Honey Pot" in the upper lid area. I then blended "Nudie" into the mix to create more depth.
M.A.C Shades: I used four shades from my larger M.A.C palette. I sued "Wedge" for my eyebrows in order to create great definition while still keeping them natural.For my bottom lash line I decided to mix "Expensive Pink" with "Coppering". Both are great burnt orange shades that added a autumnal aspect to my eyes. I added "Nylon" on my brow bone to create more depth and has some highlight in that area.  
M.A.C Fluidline "Blacktrack": Finally, I used my gel liner to create a cat-eye flick to finish off the look. This gel liner is one of the best, you just need to practice a lot with it and experiment with different brushes to figure out what works best for you. 
M.A.C Lip Pencil in "Vino": This is a dark berry liner that worked really well for this look. I decided to mix some red and berry shades so that my lips could look a little more "vampy" and because I love the mixture of both tones.
Rimmel Lipstick 107: I Went in with my trusty 107 red lipstick that has hints of berry in it. Love this lipstick, no reason to rave about more then I already have.
M.A.C Lipglass "Rebel": Finally I finished off my lips with a the classic Rebel shade. This brought out the berry tones of the lipstick and just created a lot of definition and layers to my lips.  

Thanks for reading! I hope you've enjoyed the look:) I would love to know if you recreate it or even if you'd change something about the look to make it your own. 


See you soon!
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments