Thanksgiving Fun| Personal

13:09


If you aren't Canadian or don't know much about our holidays, then you may not know that last weekend was Thanksgiving. Yes, we don't celebrate at the same time as the States. Being a celebration of thanks, I decided to spend the weekend up north, at my cottage. It was a chance to spend a few days with family, in nature and simply relaxing...and of course eating lots of food as well. While the sun only popped up on Monday, the rest of the weekend was a perfect temperature and we were able to spend plenty of time outside. 

 I really don't lie when I say autumn is my favourite season. Just the change of colours is enough to make me swoon. I think its the most picturesque time of the year. 
During our little nature escape we decided to take a walk in the forest near our cottage. It's one I've been exploring since I was a kid and can honestly say, I'm still not tired of it. A creek runs along the path so it simply adds to the beautiful scenery.  
 This entire weekend(and subsequent week)has really made me think about what I'm thankful for. Well to be honest, I'm grateful for friends and family. I'm grateful for this blog and a space where everything is my own. Finally, something I've only just really processed this week: I'm thankful for my education and my access to it. It isn't something I've always thought about or been cognizant about, but the reality is that I live in a privileged country that sees education taken for granted. 
| Sweater- Cheap Monday | Shirt- Brandy Melville | Jeans- H&M (similar) |
I obviously had to take a little #OOTD outfit for you all. It's very simple, and nature friendly. Just some jeans and a sweater to keep me warm. 

Thanks for reading:) I hope you enjoyed this little post. If you celebrate Thanksgiving, let me know what you were/will be up to and even if you don't, what are you thankful for?

Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments