Gen's Lookbook | Fashion

15:04

Today, I thought I'd show you something a little different. Recently, I helped a friend pick a few pieces for her new job. Gen and I went shopping to look for some basic pieces that would transition well from office to night.

I think it's important to note that she works in an environment that is predominantly male, so we tried to find pieces that were relatively casual but still quite feminine. I've realized that sometimes, when wardrobe isn't a key aspect of ones job, we can forget about "dressing up" for work. However, I'm a firm believer that it should remain an important part of ones morning. Unless you wear a uniform, I don't believe that we should neglect our wardrobes.

Gen is moving to a city with a much warmer climate to Montreal, so we were able to play around with mixing some summer and fall pieces. No need for a goose-feathered winter coat and 5 layers underneath that. :)

Outfit #1:

| Blazer- Only (similar) | Dress- BB Dakota (1861) |

 I love this dress on Gen. I think it's got a perfect balance of work and play. It's fitted but long enough to be appropriate for work. Paired with this blazer, it also gives a great office vibe. It's a good ensemble for when you're in a rush and need to put something together but don't have time to pair a top and bottom.

Outfit #2:
| Pant- Banana Republic | Necklace- 1861 (similar) |
These pants may be my favourite out of everything we picked up. The vibrant colour is magnificent. I think this look would be great on an everyday basis. It's quite a simple look because the pants are elasticated (so it's not quite a dress pant) but the colour is just so powerful that it makes a statement. 

Outfit #3:
| Top- Vero Moda (similar) | Skirt- (Similar) |
 Mixing textures is always a lot of fun for me. Here I've paired this jean shirt with a suede skirt. I think the fringe is really cool and it adds a bit of edginess to the entire outfit while still being appropriate for the office. It's also great that the fringe gives added length to the skirt. On colder days, Gen could definitely add a sweater on top and it would add a nice layered quality.

Outfit #4:
| Jeans- Vero Moda (similar) | Top- (similar)

This is much more of a casual look that would be great if Gen had plans after work. I love the layering of the necklaces. I think it adds a great feminine touch to the distressed pants. Jeans are a tricky piece because some employers won't let you wear them to work. However, if you are allowed, these can be a good fit for a casual day at the office, since there are no clear wholes and aren't too slouchy.

Outfit #5:
 | Skirt- L'Atiste

Finally, our last look is a very sophisticated one. I was inspired to create this look for whenever Gen had a meeting to attend and needed something I little more conservative. What I love about this look is that it has all those qualities but with a modern edge. The skirt fits her perfectly and it's at a great length (not to short but still above the knee). We kept this one very simple when it came to the jewelry because we didn't want to over-do the entire outfit. The pearls add a vintage feel which meshes well with the rest of the ensemble.

I hope you've enjoyed this type of post. :) I really enjoy helping others style different pieces for different occasions. I hope you've found it useful as well.

For any Canadians reading this, have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with all of your friends & family <3
Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments