Fall Lookbook 2015| Fashion

13:33


Change of seasons, as much as I love them, can be quite daunting. If you're like me (and lack closet space), you put away your clothes that are no longer in season. I always put away my fall/winter clothes in the spring to make way for my spring/summer wardrobe. When it gets to unpacking everything, we discover old favourites or get rid of the pieces we know we won't be using. In that vein, I'm sure we all have those days when we look into our closets and proclaim "I have nothing to wear!". Meanwhile, the closet is actually bursting with countless outfits, it's just that we don't know what we have. Firstly, it would probably be a good idea to sort through said closet. After that, you have the opportunity to recreate versions of these 3 different outfit ideas I've assembled. 
The idea is to show a few examples of looks we can come up with while using everyday staples. Not only does this give you something new to wear.. without spending more money (always a plus), but it also proves that you probably DO have plenty of outfit inspirations in that closet of yours. 
I must admit, I can be one of those people that gets stuck in phases of only wearing certain pieces. For example, you'll notice a "skirt" theme here. However, I'm actually only wearing a skirt in one of these outfit. The others consist of a dress and a pair of culottes. 
All 3 outfits are great for the everyday, at least this is what I enjoy wearing to class without feeling like I'm overdressed.
Outfit #1:
| Sweater - H&M | Culottes - Oak&Fort | Shoes - Aldo |
I really enjoyed the "culottes" trend this summer and decided that I could probably carry that into the warmer autumn months. What I like about these, is that they're quite flow-y and long, so in certain angles they look like a midi-skirt. This look is quite casual, not as "girly"as my normal style, but I thought the statement necklace would give it that feminine touch to make it me. 
Outfit #2:
|  Cardigan - French Connection | Blouse - Forever21 | Skirt - Boohoo |
I'm not going to lie, I think this is my favourite outfit. I've fallen in love with this pink wool cardigan. It isn't all that warm, so I do recommend a small cardigan underneath, but I've been obsessed. It reminds me of a modern take on something Jackie Kennedy would wear. It adds such sophistication to any outfit and the pink surprisingly goes with so much. I also think it'll fit just as well with my spring wardrobe, which is a plus considering autumn isn't all that long here in Montreal. I've paired the cardigan with a very simple, black skater skirt and finished off the look with a silk-y burnt orange blouse. It can't get more autumnal then that :)
Outfit #3:
For my last look, I wanted something super casual that would work for class and then out with some friends. I decided to pair my white cropped sweater over a super casual LBD. The sweater crops at just the right height so that it doesn't over power the dress. Another bonus? The dress has pockets and I can still access them with the sweater. Keeping with the casual theme, I paired the look with my trusty Docs, which I believe gives it that "street style" factor. I live in these boots when it isn't too cold. I have the ones with the fur inside and they make for the perfect casual boot with an edge. 
| Coat- Danier | Dress- H&M | Sweater - Vero Moda | Boots - Doc Martens |
I hope you've enjoyed the lookbook and that it's given you a few ideas to test out. While shopping may be one of my favourite pass times and stress relievers, it's also a lot of fun to discover some new outfits using pieces you already own.


Emilia
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments